|Game||Super Mario Land 2|
|Date Aired||January 25th, 2013|
|Playlist||Super Mario Land 2|
|Next Episode||Metal Whale Solid|
The first episode of Super Mario Land 2 .
The episode starts with introducing Davis and jokingly discusses the absence of "Face-cams" on Super Beard Bros. The reason they aren't used on Super Beard Bros. is "to draw out suspense."
Alex brings up a theory for why Super Mario Land 2 is strange compared to other game in the series. The lives are changed from 1-Up Mushrooms to hearts because the Game Boy doesn't have color, so the color palette swap wouldn't work. This is also the case for the fire flower, so to differentiate, the fire flower gives you a feather.
Davis clears the intro stage without problems and moves around the over-world for a bit until he moves on to Mario Zone. He dies once in the foot level, and then continues to ace the level, hitting the bell at the end. Davis talks a bit about Super Mario 3D Land and expresses his disappointment with it, while playing the crotch/gut level.The Tongue level was cleared with ease and so was the final level, the hat level, with the boss of the zone being the Three Little Piggies, whom Davis mercilessly killed.
- Intro stage beaten
- Mario Zone beaten
- Super Mario Land 2 is one of Davis' childhood favourites
- The game was produced by Gunpei Yokoi, creator of the Game Boy. Miyamoto had nothing to do with it.
- This game introduces Wario to the Mario franchise. The name Wario not only comes from flipping the M in Mario upside down, but also because the Japanese word for "bad" is Warui. The latter is also applied for Waluigi as the Japanese name for the character is Waruigi.
- Super Mario Land doesn't take place in the Mushroom Kingdom, but in Sarasaland. Super Mario Land 2 takes place in Mario Land, a region of the Mushroom Kingdom.
- While Mario was in Sarasaland, fighting the alien Tatanga, Wario took over Mario Land. Tatanga returns in Space Zone.
- In the Hat Level of Mario Zone, "N&B" can be seen on some bricks. That is the of a series of building blocks that Nintendo made in the 1960s.
- The bosses of the Mario Zone are three pigs, a reference to the fable of The Three Little Pigs.
- The original demo of Super Beard Bros. was of Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes. Jirard and Alex also say that they might play the game in the future.
Alex said that if anyone can prove that they have used the Nintendo Love Hotel, than he will give them a prize.