|Date Released||October 20th, 2017|
|Completionist Rating||Complete It!|
|Date Began||April 2nd, 2017|
|Date Ended||April 7th, 2017|
|Number of Episodes||2|
|Playlist||SGS One Shots|
Stories Untold is an episodic adventure-puzzle video game developed by No Code and published by Devolver Digital. Written and directed by Jon McKellan, the game was released on 27 February 2017, for MacOS and Microsoft Windows. It is a mix of adventure game genres, including text-based adventure, first-person exploration, and puzzle solving, and is themed after 1980s technology. The game consists of four episodes, each an adventure game, of which the first is a remastered version of The House Abandon, a shorter adventure game released as freeware in August 2016.
For this episode of The Completionist, Jirard completed the game with his guest star group, The Scary Game Squad. Numerous times through the episode, the game was described as being akin to the Netflix show Stranger Things, as it shared similar themes horror-mystery themes, and even the poster designer.
Jirard and the Squad praised the graphics and general atmosphere of the game, going on as to say that they helped assist the gameplay 'extend beyond the confines of what a similar game might be like...'.
They also praised the story, but didn't delve much into it so as to avoid any spoilers. Instead, they decided to tell how amazing it was that the game decided to let the player's imagination fill out the things that were happening, rather than actually showing something on the screen.
While the gameplay was critically praised for how it managed to retain attention for its text-heavy narrative, there were some slight criticisms as well. These include issues with one of the mid-game's puzzles being generally confusing, as well as the annoyance of repetitively doing some of the in-game tasks with the mouse.
The completion bonus this time around was nothing more than a new image for the home screen, but since Stories Untold didn't have much of a struggle to complete, it was an acceptable completion bonus.
- Four Separate short stories finished
- 3 Hours and 12 minutes total playtime
- Four collectible tapes
- One Obscure hand sanitizer dispenser
- A Secret twist so soul-crushingly devastating that Jesse drank an entire small bottle of Evan Williams bourbon.
- The episode starts out as an homage to the 1990s Nickelodeon's kid's horror show Are You Afraid of the Dark, with Jirard and the rest of the Scary Game Squad sitting around a campfire, much like how the main characters of the show would do every episode.
- Since the video was released around Halloween, the topics are re-colored from blue to orange.
- Jirard confesses that Stories Untold is one of his favorite games that he's played on the Scary Game Squad show.
- Along with Stories Untold, Jirard gave a marshmallow he was given a 'Complete It!' rating.